Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center operates the largest therapy facility in the country focused on rehabilitation of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Over the past 30 years it has earned local, national, and international recognition for its cutting-edge treatments, commitment to teaching and education, clinical research, and contributions to peer-reviewed literature.
Our highly skilled, certified occupational therapists take a multidisciplinary team approach to treatment. They have extensive training and expertise to design individualized therapy plans that help our patients reduce the risk of re-injury and restore function in the shortest period of time possible – in a cost-effective manner.
Types of Therapy and Treatment
Our expertise in therapy and nonsurgical treatment of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder includes:
- Sprains, strains, and noncompound fractures
- Custom-designed and fabricated splints
- Individualized strength-building, flexibility/range-of-motion programs
- Wound care
- Scar management and edema control
- Patient education programs
- Individualized programs incorporating assistive devices
- Individualized computer workstation ergonomic evaluations
- Injury prevention programs